My hamburger bun recipe that I got from A Taste of Home. I copied this exactly from their website and I dont have my own pictures euther..they disappeared from my gallery! So words and pics are not mine but theirs. But I really do make these and they are great. Keep in mind that they may be a bit different shaped than your store bought ones.
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil...( I use olive oil instead)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add oil and sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the egg, salt and enough flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 3-5 minutes. Do not let rise. Divide into 12 pieces; shape each into a ball. Place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
There ya go...a yummy easy hamburger bun recipe!