Thursday, December 1, 2016

Posting Today



As many of you know, my father is dying and the doctors say it is any hour now. My mother has had a breakdown of sorts and my son was in a motorcycle accident...all in the same day. I live in Texas and they are in Florida and it is not possible for me to get there. I covet your prayers.
I couldn't sleep so I blogged.


It gets fairly cold where I live and I wear skirts all year long. The way I stay warm is with long johns! I discovered them the first year I lived here and I have never looked back. Walmart sells them for a fair price so grab yourself a pair or two.

I have chicks in my kitchen! 7 of them! I had a hen,Lucky, who had 15 chicks and she only kept 8. I have had to bring them inside with the cold weather because they had no way of keeping warm. I am not set up to keep them separated from the roos I have. So....they are sitting in a cat carrier with a heating pad in my kitchen at the moment.




Eastman Johnson (American painter, 1824-1906) Christmas Time the Blodgett Family 1864 Detail

We are slowly getting ready for Christmas.  We don't celebrate it as Jesus' birth because it is not but rather as a warm cozy family time. The kids have been busy making things. I have been blessed to save enough Swagbucks and Sears/Kmart dollars to get several things for free! Nothing beats saving money on Christmas. :)


A recipe I have been making a lot of is Southwestern Crockpot Chicken. I stick some chicken breasts (or thighs) in the crockpot and toss in corn, black beans, rice, and diced tomatoes. The kids love it and it's super easy!

I also make a salsa chicken in the crockpot.. add chicken breasts and rice , dump salsa  in and sprinkle cheese on top. Mmmmm and so easy!

What crockpot recipes can you share? Comment below. :)



A good read : Creating a Cozy Home

I get so many good recipes and kitchen tips here.



1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your father, mother and son. I will be praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!