Friday, June 30, 2017

Being a Creative Homemaker

My goal in life is to be a good God-honoring homemaker. To create a home from a house. To be a life-giver to my family.
I do that by staying home,tending to their needs, as I feel God says to do in His Word.

Titus 2:5King James Version (KJV)

To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Study out the phrase keepers at home.
No where in the Bible does it tell a woman to seek a job outside their home...but it does tell a man.

Anyway....
My desire to be a good homemaker sometimes, a lot of times, requires some creativity. The funds are not there, someone gets sick, he works late, the car breaks down....any number of  things.

What do you do if the funds are not there? Get creative and cheerfully make do with what you have. Come up with a new way with of using an old "thing".  Smile and change it up!  Easy?  No! But a standard we should all try to meet. 

Someone gets sick? What is the true focus of our homemaking? Taking care of our family. So drop the dinner plans ( a frozen pizza can be a great supper!) and get out some herbs and take care of your ill loved one.   I remember , during an illness I had as a child, playing The Land of Counterpane with my mom on my handmade quilt.
I also remember the thick milkshakes she made for me when I got tonsillitis for the fourth time. My mom was always there for me, not reworking a work schedule so she could tend to my doctor's appointments but there to play with and comfort me because she was ever present. 

And no..I didn't grow up rich. Nor am I now. Truthfully we could use the paycheck I would bring in but I am home tending to my family. Which means so much more than vacuuming or doing dishes. How sad if you think that is all  a keeper at home does is chores.

I do a few things to bring in a little money....this month, using rebates and doing surveys, I brought in $60. Not much next to hubby's paycheck but who would turn it down? 

All this to say...sometimes I need to be creative in order to be the keeper at home I feel God calls me to be. Whether with money, time, or resources. 

Is this a journey you feel God has laid out and you plan to follow?  Would you like to learn ways to help you along this path?  Ideas on saving money and providing a home for your family? Do you have ideas to share?

I would love it if you joined me.

3 of my 7 blessings acting silly

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!