Thursday, July 6, 2017

What I Do with Essential Oils


When essential oils came onto the scene I was like a lot of you...hesitant to "waste my money".  Figuring this New Age alternative would fall by the wayside, sort of like bell bottoms and love beads. 
But having always envisioned myself as a flower child, when essential oils picked up speed in my circles, I knew I had to give these babies a try! 
I also chose to search the Bible on the subject and found essential oils mentioned something like 200 times! 

Verses like these:


 Along the bank of the river, on this side and that, will grow all kinds of trees used for food; their leaves will not wither, and their fruit will not fail.  They will bear fruit every month, because their water flows from the sanctuary.  Their fruit will be for food, and their leaves for medicine.  Ezekiel 47:12 (KJV)


And they cast out many demons, and anointed with oil many who were sick, and healed them.  Mark 6:13 (KJV)

Now I love essential oils! I don't know everything that's for sure and I am not brand loyal but I have picked up a few helpful things in my few years of using them.

I rub eucalyptus oil blended with coconut oil on my chest if I get congested. Think Vicks Vapor Rub :)

Lavendar and tea tree are excellent for helping heal rashes and minor skin irritations. Plus you can apply them without a carrier oil so you can easily pop one in your bag and use it while you are out if need be. Bonus tip...lavender is very soothing for children (of all ages!)

Both peppermint and lavender work well on headaches - just a few sniffs will do. I also like to rub a drop of lavender on each temple for added relief.

Speaking of peppermint.....nothing works better for motion sickness or other types of stomachaches. I like using a roll on bottle blend of peppermint and coconut oil to make it easy for my kids to apply themselves.

Lemon and orange are both mood lifters hence why I use them in my diffuser all the time!
You can also use lemon ...and tea tree ( which is great antibacterial)...in your household cleaners too. I mix up a spray bottle of 1/2 water and 1/2 vinegar with several drops of either ..or both!..and I have a nontoxic all purpose cleaner.

As some of you know I have lupus and some days just call out for some pain relief.  I mix up a combo of coconut oil, rosemary, peppermint and lemongrass essential oils and rub it on and I swear..in 10 minutes..I have relief.

Tea tree works great on all sorts of bug bites. Just ask my husband! If there are 200 people in a room and one mosquito...he will be the one bitten!

There are a lot more uses for essential oils ....more so than I can list here.! If I can answer any questions please ask or check into some great books like this one

   
                              

Comment below if you use essential oils and what your favorites are!

I am not a medical professional. ...just a mom and wife trying to keep her family healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!